Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March 2, Read Across America Day- Adam School, Santa Maria, Ca


Today is March 2 which is not only the 106th birthday of Dr. Suess, but its Read Across America Day.
I got to hang out with the kids in two classes at Adam School in Santa Maria (I know, great name for a school huh?).

I read a book on LA Dodger legend Sandy Kaufax to the 6th graders in Mrs. Snyder's class, and the classic Dr. Suess book, Green Eggs And Ham to Ms. Sylva's first graders.
I want to say a special thank you to 10 year old Danny. He is a 5th grader at Adam School, and I was told he was my chaperone. My mom would have gotten a kick how a 10 yr old was ordered to chaperone me around; too perfect. But he helped me around the campus, and told me what I needed to do to make sure "the kids liked me". He is a real cool kid, and I am glad I got the opportunity to meet him.

Thanks to all the staff and students at Adam School who were very welcoming and let me celebrate a day I probably wouldn't have on my own, Read Across America Day! I'm glad I did.